This filler upper of a dish will leave you fuller longer and looks as good as it tastes. The best thing is it takes less than 10 minutes to prepare so it’s ideal for a quick after work fix.
You will need (based on 2 servings):
500g of Gnocchi
1 Garlic clove
4 tbsp Olive oil
2 tbsp Roughly chopped nuts (either the pine or cashew variety)
Half a handful of parsley (chopped)
Half a handful of chives (snipped)
Juice of a lemon
Salt & Pepper to season
1. First things first, put the kettle on.
2. As the kettle boils roughly chop your nuts and parsley add to a mixing bowl and snip in your chives while you’re at it.
3. Add some finely chopped garlic (I used 1 whole clove but I could probably have made vampires eyes smart from ten feet afterwards, if you don’t mind a bit of waste then half a clove is quite enough).
4. If the kettle is boiled add the boiling water to a pan, wait to reach boiling point again and add the Gnocchi.
5. Add the oil and as much grated Parmesan to your pesto mix as you like and do the same with the lemon juice.
6. Season with a dash of salt and pepper and mix well, if the pesto is a little thick then add a few drops of water.
7. After the Gnocchi has been on the go for 2 minutes take it off the hob and drain. Add the cooked Gnocchi to the pesto and serve. Yum!!
I would have added a photo with this article but it looked so good I had to eat it straight away.
PS – if you’re not a dab hand with a knife then consider using a mini whizzy chopper contraption. You can pick them up pretty cheaply and it will change your life!